The Church of St. Ioannis the Theologian in Impongo, Iringa, was the first to be built in Central Tanzania under the Most Reverend Bishop of Arusha, Mr. Agathonikos. At an altitude of 1800 m., on a beautiful plane, it is a jewel for the area that gathers many believers. The irrigation in the courtyard is an oasis for many of our brothers who come to find solace during times of drought.
On 8th May 2021, a day on which our Church honors the memory of St. Ioannis the Theologian, a Divine Liturgy was held and afterwards meals were distributed to all present. Volunteers from the Iringa Mission Centre then distributed food to the surrounding areas so that more families could cover the nutritional needs for the coming days. Even though the holiday is over, the needs of our brothers and their agony for survival never ceases.
The care-packages were an offering by:
-Georgia Mitroula in memory of her husband Vasilis-Dimitris,
-Nikoloas Stampoulis from Makrihori, Veroia in memory of his parents Savva and Eleftheria,
-Maria Rountou in memory of her kin